The Health Sciences Library's Exhibits Committee presents
Art from the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Community: Displaying the Talents of Faculty, Staff and Students
Art from the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Community is an exhibition presented by the Exhibits Committee of the Health Sciences Library.
There are many talented artists among the faculty, staff and students on our campuses. This juried exhibition, running November 4, 2015 through January 31, 2016, is an opportunity for us to learn about our talented co-workers, teachers, and students.
- Submission deadline: September 25, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: October 9, 2015
- Deliver your artwork(s): October 22-30, 2015
- Exhibition: November 4, 2015 to January 31, 2016
- Opening reception: November 12, 2015 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Pick-up your artwork(s): February 1-10, 2016
- CU Denver faculty, staff or students from either campus (Anschutz Medical Campus or Denver Campus).
- Artwork must be created by the artist and not copied from any copyrighted material or photographs.
- Submissions can be most any media – photography, paintings, computer-generated, two-dimensional artwork, sculpture, miniatures, fabric art, etc.
- Exhibition space is limited. Judging may be limited by space constraints.
- Three pieces maximum per artist.
- All pieces must be labeled and identified on the back or bottom with the following information – title, artist name, phone number, price (if applicable).
- There are no entry fees.
- All art must remain in place for the duration of the show.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with wire (no saw-tooth hangers), sculptures with pedestals (two pedestals are available for use)
- Wire mounting instructions:
- Measure the total height of the piece and divide by three
- If total height is 30 inches, divided by 3 = 10 inches
- Measure down 10 inches from the top and install wire hanger
- Or have Hobby Lobby or Michael's do the framing for you!
- Wire mounting instructions:
- Artists will need to complete the online form by September 25, 2015. No drop-offs accepted. The submission deadline has passed.
- Dimensions of each piece must be included. If piece is framed, include frame dimensions.
- A digital image of each piece must be included. Digital image titles must match the title of the piece. JPG files only, max 1 MB per image.
- You will be notified by October 9, 2015 if your piece(s) are accepted or not. If accepted, you will be given further information at that time about delivery and pick-up of your piece(s).
- An Opening Reception will be held on November 12, 2015 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Work that is for sale must be priced.
- All sales will be handled by the artist.
Delivery and Return of Accepted Work
- Deliver your artwork(s) by: October 22-30, 2015
- Pick-up your artwork(s) by: February 1-10, 2016
Exhibit Policy and Procedures
All artwork will be judged by the Health Sciences Library Exhibit Committee in accordance with the Health Sciences Library’s Exhibit Policy and Procedures. The decisions of the Committee are final.