Interlibrary Loan (ILL) User Categories and Service Fees
Primary Patrons for HSL ILL purposes [Charges: $8 Regular, $18 Rush]
- Health Sciences Faculty and Staff Paid by the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) AMC campus.
- Students Currently Enrolled in UCD AMC Heath Sciences Schools
- Note: UC Denver AMC students receive service at no-cost through SIFT -- more details.
- Regular UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty Paid by Affiliate (National Jewish, VAMC, Denver Health, etc.)
- Unpaid UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty, Volunteer Faculty of all sorts: Clinical, Adjunct/Adjoint, Preceptor, etc.
- If pre-arrangement is made for a department/School to cover & pay your ILL costs please inform ILL staff of this in your application for ILL services and contact Douglas Stehle, Head of Access Services by email or at 303-724-2139. College/department approval for ILL fees payment needs verifying.
- Retired UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty
- UCD AMC Residents paid by the University (on file and payroll with GME/SOM UCD AMC)
- UCD AMC Fellows
- University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) paid staff
- UPI employees
- CU Regents Board Members
Other Patrons for HSL ILL purposes [Charges: $18 Regular, $48 Rush]
This "other" category encompasses all other library users who are not identified as Primary, including but not limited to:
- UC Denver Health Sciences Alumni
- UC Denver Health Sciences Volunteer Staff
- University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) Volunteers
- Residents paid by other health organizations/hospitals: TCH, Denver Health, etc.
- Non-University Fellows
- Other CU Faculty, Staff, and Students -- Auraria, Boulder, Colorado Springs
- CCML Members (Colorado Council of Medical Librarians)
- Colorado Public
- All others not listed above. If you are not affiliated in any fashion, you must be a resident of the State of Colorado to use our service.
|Service||Turn Around Time
(averages & deliveries Mon-Fri only )
|Fee: Primary Patrons||Fee: Other Patrons|
|SIFT - Students for ILLiad Freedom. Students eligible for this service at no direct cost are those UC Denver AMC health sciences students actively enrolled during the term and who have paid the ASAC academic support services fee. Details||
DocDel 2~3 days
Borrowing 5~10 days
|no-cost, funded with ASAC academic support services fee||n/a|
|Regular service: Check online catalog to determine whether library owns a particular title (books or AV). For journal holdings, check our Find Journals tool.||
From library collection: 72-hour delivery, 3 business days M-F
Outside library collection: average 5 days for photocopies; average 10 days for other returnable items books, etc.
|48-hour RUSH: Photocopies from outside the Health Sciences Library's collection.||48 hour delivery||$18||$48|
|Same-Day RUSH: Photocopies from library's collection only. Check online catalog to determine whether library owns a particular title (books or AV). For journal holdings, check our Find Journals tool.||
Same day delivery
Requests received after 3:00pm may be processed the following business day.
|Bindery items: Items currently at the bindery that are not available through online catalog.||Average of 5 days||free
$12 for 48-hour rush
$48 for 48-hour rush
|Disabled Library Users: Photocopies from the Health Sciences Library's collection only.||48 hour delivery||$0.10 per page||$0.10 per page|