Library Account Application
Test your access first!
Before filling out our library application form, please try to access a library database from home, or log in to IMPULSE using your name and Employee ID number or Student ID number. If you are allowed into the system, then there is no need to apply. If you are UCH employee you need to enter the letter 'h' before your UCH employee ID number to login.
Please fill out the application only if you are one of the following:
- UC Denver Health Sciences student, staff, or faculty (you tested access above, but it didn't work)
- University Colorado Hospital (UCH) employee (if you tested access above, but it didn't work)
- Regular health sciences faculty member in the School of Medicine but paid by Affiliate such as Denver Health, VA, National Jewish, etc.
- UC Denver or UCH volunteer staff.
- Unpaid Clinical, Preceptor, Adjoint/Adjunct, Volunteer UC Denver Health Sciences Faculty.
- All others -- Contact the Health Sciences Library Access Circulation staff at 303-724-2152 or email us at email@example.com
Verification of status is required
Your application will not be complete until the library staff has been able to verify your affiliation. For more information, contact the Access librarians: Tina Moser at 303-724-2145 and/or Douglas Stehle at 303-724-2139.
Library cards can also be obtained by applying in person at the Service Desk of the Health Sciences Library.
What happens next
Once your library card application has been processed, you can use your library registration to access the library's online resources if you are eligible. If you are accessing electronic resources from off campus, you will be prompted for your first name, last name, and University ID number (SID or EID number). Eligibility to access online resources and licensed content remotely vs. on-site only is explained on the Services & Fees page.
Please view the guidelines on the Responsible Use of Online Resources.
Contact the Access librarians by email or call 303-724-2145 or 303-724-2139 if you have questions about the application form or the process.
Access and Checking Out Materials
If you are a primary patron, then in addition to checking out books and other materials you also have access to online licensed resources (e-journals, full text databases, etc.) remotely from off campus. Secondary patrons and the public receive a borrowing card but do not receive off-campus access to online licensed resources. See the chart on our Services & Fees page.
For information about checking out materials, loan periods, renewals, fines, etc., please see our Borrow, Return, Renew page.
Your application will not be complete until the library staff has been able to verify your affiliation. For more information about eligibility and access levels, see the Services and Fees web page or call Ms. Tina Moser 303-724-2145 and/or Douglas Stehle 303-724-2139.