Research Support Services
If you're stressed out by literature searching ... let us help! Reach us at 303-724-2152 or via our Ask a Librarian service.
Research Support Services can be tailored to meet your specific needs:
- To learn to search and/or manage your own literature searches efficiently through a one-on-one free research consultation session or citation management consultation.
- To have a customized professional search performed for you (fee based).
These services are designed to complement the classes that are offered by the Health Sciences Library's Education Department. Research support may include:
Training and orientation
- Personalized orientation to the library, its services and resources.
- Individualized training in the use of electronic databases such as Ovid Medline, PubMed etc.
- Selecting and using bibliographic management software, such as ProCite®, EndNote®, or Reference Manager®. Citation management consultation.
- Learning how to use PDAs in an academic health setting.
- Assistance with MS Access & Excel for organizing research data.
Assistance with literature searching
- Identification of information resources to support evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, research or education
- Developing general search strategies
- Planning the literature review and developing the search strategies for meta-analyses and systematic reviews
- Creating database Auto Alerts (SDI) for your research projects
- Citation verification for bibliographies
- Professional searches from a variety of biomedical databases (fee based)
Technical and Web support
- Troubleshooting technical problems related to accessing the library's resources
- Searching and compiling Web resources for projects
- Formatting documents for Web Distribution (e.g. pdf)
- Copyright compliance questions
- Interlibrary Loan Service (fee based)